Here's a fast, easy summer appetizer to add to your potluck list! You'll be oh-so-popular if you bring these delicious bites to that next pool party.
2-3 large, firm, ripe avocados (for summer that could be Hass, Lamb, Santana or MacArthur - all heritage avocados you can get from www.AvocadoDiva.com)
24 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2-3 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons of the Diva's guacamole spice mix
1 bunch of fresh cilantro - pick off 48 nice leaves
48 fancy toothpicks
1. Cut your avocados in half (lengthwise) and take out the pits.
2. Use a small melon baller and cut out 48 balls of avocados.
3. In a shallow platter or non-metal pan - carefully place all the balls and squeeze the lime juice all over them.
4. Sprinkle with the Diva's Guacamole Spice Mix. Roll around gently and re-sprinkle.
1. On the toothpick, slide half of a tomato, then a cilantro leaf and finally the avocado ball.
2. Carefully place back on the platter. The lime juice will help keep the avocado from turning brown.
3. Serve immediately OR cover tightly with plastic wrap and serve within a few hours.
The Avocado Diva lives in Moorpark and will deliver avocados, spice mix and her special tools right to your door! Email her at email@example.com for "locals" specials.