- returns to the High Street Arts Center. Join the whistling cowboy and friends at 8 p.m.
- The Moorpark Foundation for the Art's third annual fundraising dinner, themed Arts Under the Stars this year, will take place from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Walnut Grove. There will be music, entertainment and a silent auction in addition to fine dining. Tickets are $95 per person and are available online.
- Patch blogger Brenda Cusick, the Avocado Diva, is teaming up with Cafe Firenze for a second annual avocado-themed dinner, set to take place Sept. 13. There will be a four-course meal, complete with an avocado maritini. The cost is $55. Call the restaurant 805-532-0048 for reservations.
- The lowest cost of gas in Moorpark, according to GasBuddy.com, is $4.15 per gallon. Find it at the Alliance station at 50 W. Los Angeles Ave.
- Today's high will be about 90 degrees with a low around 60, according to the National Weather Service.