- On Tuesday, there will be a rabies vaccination clinic from 7 to 8 p.m. at Fire Station 42 at 295 High St. hosted by the Ventura County Department of Animal Services and Santa Paula Animal Clinic. Vaccinations will be $6 on a cash-only basis. Dog and cat licenses will also be available. See details on the city of Moorpark's website.
- The city council meeting scheduled for Wednesday has been canceled. There also will not be a Transportation and Public Works Committee meeting, originally scheduled for Thursday.
- It's National Library Card Sign Up Month. Sing up for a free library card at the Moorpark City Library at 699 Moorpark Ave. To get a card, you must show two forms of identification that establish your identity and address. On your first visit, you c an check out two items. When those items are returned after the first day of your application, you can borrow up to 30 items.
- The lowest cost of gas in Moorpark, according to GasBuddy.com, is $4.17 per gallon. Find it at the Alliance station at 50 W. Los Angeles Ave. and the Union 76 station at 13800 Princeton Ave., the Alliance station at 50 W. Los Angeles Ave. and the Shell station at 301 W. Los Angeles Ave.
- Today's high will be about 86 degrees with a low around 58, according to the National Weather Service.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something