A strange odor detected at a Moorpark strip mall prompted fears of a carbon monoxide leak but firefighters found nothing untoward when they checked.
The odor was reported at 1:55 p.m. in the 500 block of West Los Angeles Avenue, according to the Ventura County Fire Department.
A hazardous materials team went to the scene, a staffer at the department said.
One person was evaluated at the scene but no one was taken to a hospital, a department staffer told Patch.
Further information was not available.